It’s very convenient to own a wireless cell phone. Aside from receiving calls, there are many other features and applications such as receiving and sending text messages, internet access, and other functional activities.
It can be very expensive to maintain a post-paid cell phone or land line since you have to sign a contract with the service provider. One great option is to own a prepaid wireless cell phone in which there’s no need to sign a contract with the service provider. You only have to buy a wireless prepaid phone card to keep the prepaid cell phone service active. Of course, you have to buy a phone card that is going to work with your current phone provider.
Using a prepaid cell phone offers loads of benefits:
- You do not need sign up any contract with the service provider. You have the freedom to choose which prepaid cell phone provider you think is ideal for you. You may cancel the prepaid cell phone service anytime without incurring penalty fees.
- There are no hidden fees, payment due dates or late penalty charges.
- Most prepaid cell phone providers offer lower rates compared to post-paid cell phone providers.
- You can limit your spending. There have been a lot of complaints from land line plan holders in terms of charges from their long distance and local calls. Others are finding it difficult to budget the long distance calls they make. In fact, some are charged for calls they never made.
- You can take and use your phone anywhere you want to since it’s wireless. If you ran out of balance in your account, you can purchase prepaid cell phone cards anywhere- booths, malls, and even online.
- Adding minutes to your prepaid cell phone is very convenient. If you ran out of cash to purchase your prepaid phone card, you can use your savings account or credit card to transfer the desired amount to your cell phone. If you want to use your savings account, you just have to log in to your account online to reload amount to your cell phone. You can also go to the nearest ATM machine to transfer funds from your credit card.
- Using a prepaid phone helps you manage long distance calls that you make each month. To limit your calls, you can buy a phone card with a smaller denomination.
If you want to be worry free from unnecessary obligations and contracts, and to be able to control spending over phone calls, choose a prepaid cell phone for your business.
About the Author
Tara Tiemann is a credit analyst for Go-prepaid.com which has been a resource site for people who want to live debt free. If you are on a budget using prepaid debit cards, pre paid credit cards and prepaid cell phone service can save you big money!