Some people automatically assume that anyone using a prepaid service is doing so because they have bad credit. Lets face it, a lot of times that true, but not always!
Prepaid services are great for anyone who is:
- serious about staying on a budget – with prepaid services you know EXACTLY how much you can spend or how many minutes you have. Once you go through the money on your account you get notified to add more money. You can add the money or not, its up to you. No more surprise bills at the end of the month!
- anyone trying to get out of debt! Credit cards are too easy to run up thus leaving you perpetually in debt!
- they are good for anyone going to college – many of the credit cards have a credit builder function so you can work on building credit
- anyone who wants to stay off the credit radar! Most prepaid services don’t pull credit !
- the prepaid cell phones are great for anyone of any age. My sister gives them to her son so that in the summer when he is at his dad’s he always has a way of contacting her & she has a way of contacting him whenever she wants!
There are many ways of using a prepaid card or cell phone. You can use them for business too, i worked for a company online a few years back that gave us all a prepaid Wired card that they would load our paychecks on every 2 weeks. It worked out great. I could use it to make purchases and when I needed cash, I would just go to a store, buy whatever I needed and get some additional cash out with my purchase.
If you are considering going prepaid, now is the time to do it! I no longer want to be at the mercy of the credit bureaus!