Are you aware that there are so many complaints filed against phone card companies? Some of the complaints spring from the fact that a lot of prepaid phone cards you buy from convenience stores do not provide the exact number of minutes that you paid for.
Still, despite the multitudes of complaints, unscrupulous companies that provide wireless prepaid cell phone service continue to sell out these phone cards and profit much from their cunning activities.
So, if you want to avoid being ripped-off, you have to be armed with helpful tips that will guide you in buying only legitimate prepaid phone cards. This way, you could be assured of getting your money’s worth paid on a prepaid phone card.
Some Helpful Tips
1. Purchase a phone card from a reliable supplier in the Internet. You could easily use the internet in searching for the Top 10 list of wireless prepaid phone service providers. If you have located a credible phone card provider, and you decide to purchase a prepaid card, you will be required to pay for your purchase using PayPal or a credit card. This works to your advantage. In what way?
By using these two secured methods, consumers like you will be allowed to run investigations on a company, should it fail to provide you the card you have purchased. These two methods are also governed by the Fair Credit Billing Act that allows consumers to file for disputes in case of a bad customer service.
2. Ask important questions prior to buying a prepaid phone card. You have the right to gain accurate information about the phone cards that you plan to purchase. So be upfront in asking these five questions:
- What is the rate that the prepaid phone card charges to my calling destination?
- What is the minute rounding and building schedules imposed on the card?
- What are the extra fees or taxes imposed on the calling card?
- Does the calling card have a date of expiration? Or how long can I enjoy the wireless prepaid phone service of the card you offer?
- Will I be charged for phone calls that failed to connect?
By knowing the answers to these questions, you could be guided on deciding whether or not to acquire of the wireless prepaid cell phone service that most phone card providers offer.
3. Be aware of the sly activities of scam artists. As we all know prevention is better than cure. So you need to be aware of the scams and schemes used by illegal distributors of calling cards. This way you could come up with your own preventive actions so that you will not be victimized by illegitimate providers of prepaid phone cards.
Remember these three helpful tips and for sure you will avoid filing complaints against unscrupulous phone card companies. After all, you need to have the assurance that the calling cards you would be purchasing will definitely amount to your money’s worth!
About the Author
Tara Tiemann is a credit analyst for Go-prepaid.com which has been a resource site for people who want to live debt free. If you are on a budget using prepaid debit cards,prepaid credit cards and prepaid cell phone service can save you big money!